Monday 11 April 2011

Preconceptions

Finally it's here! A cyclone of nervous excitement is whirling in my stomach. I'm impatient, scared, unprepared but, conversely, totally ready for my adventure. However hard I try not to imagine what to expect, it's impossible not to have a picture in my mind. I can't wait to have my preconceptions blown out of the water...

I know that Bangkok, Thailand and the other countries i hope to visit will be unlike anywhere i've ever been. Even though I have read a lot, listened to a lot of advice, spoken to many people who have been and seen thousands of photo's, whatever I find will be totally new and probably overwhelming...particularly after a 13 hour flight!




I have succeeded in my quest to fit everything I need into a small daypack. I don't want to be weighed down physically (or mentally) by baggage. It weighs about 10kg and contains only a couple of changes of clothes, a journal and notebook, kindle, lonely planet guide, i-pod, camera and of course all the chargers needed for those gadgets. I haven't even got a towel! It will be interesting to see how I cope...

1 comment:

Lauren said...

My bag is on such an exciting adventure, it brings a tear to my eye haha. Miss you! xxx