Friday 4 September 2009

Update

I am now about halfway through my time in Longido and am starting to contemplate having to leave the place that I consider (a kind of) home. I am truly integrated into village life now and the kids are used to me. I still get treated as a bit of a novelty by some but am generally accepted - now when the occasional tourists come to visit I feel more akin to the locals than the wazungu (white people). school is great, i have been teahcing some standard 7 classes (age 15-20) before their final exams next week. Is a bit daunting when some of the kids are taller than me by about a foot and a half...and in a class of 95 pupils!

In other news, I am preparing to climb Mount Kilimanjaro next week (uh oh...now i've said so on here there's no turning back...

Apologies for short blog. In brief, all is good. I am still survisving on ugali and cabbage but am feeling happier after investing in a pair of jeans so I feel like less of a hillbilly!

No comments: