Wednesday 20 May 2009

My philosophy (bit profound - you have been warned)!

People keep asking me what is my motivation for doing this project, and it got me thinking...so thought I would share my thoughts with you. I have always wanted to do something momentous, but I had never landed on anything that grabbed me. Then I met Mondo Challenge and found the staff so inspiring and decided it was now or never! I have been in my job as a PA in London for 2 years now, during which time I have met some great people who I will be sad to leave, but I need a new challenge and to wake up every day feeling as though what i'm doing makes a difference. While I am not conceited enough to imagine that i am going to dramatically change anyone's life except my own, I hope that my being there helps the children with their english and gives them a taste of life outside Longido. Of course, I will get a lot out of it too - Africa is such a vast, interesting and mysterious continent about which I know very little and I am excited about experiencing life there and integrating with the local Maasi tribe ( where I will be living with Mama Judith and her family)!

No comments: